Here is a scenario: You bought a new mobile device and you got home excited to try it and connect to your WiFi network. But then, when you are about to enter the WiFi password, you got stuck to nothing. You can’t remember it. What do you do now? Here is where we come in and teach you how to see WiFi password on Windows 10 laptop.
It happens all the time. People changed their password but after a while, they find it hard to recall what it is. And if you did not save a copy of the new password, chances are, you will have to reset the router to put it back to default settings. And although that is not such a difficult task, it is still a hassle for some.
Good thing that there is a way to retrieve and see WiFi password on Windows 10 laptop. Note that this is only for Windows devices that are already connected to the network wirelessly. If you have only connected your laptop through a LAN cable, this method is not going to work. Otherwise, you will have to find a way to hack your way through the network using brute force or a specific software.
But if you have the Windows 10 laptop previously connected to the WiFi network, this is going to be a breeze. In fact, you will be done with this method in just a few minutes. So here is how to see WiFi password on Windows 10 laptop or any other Windows version you have.
Note: I recently found out about some really cool apps which lets you hack wifi passwords very easily. You can download the best WiFi Hacker for PC from softalien.
How to See WiFi Password on Windows
- First and foremost, make sure that the laptop that you are going to use is already connected to the WiFi network prior to this forgetful incident.
- Now on your main desktop, click on the taskbar just on the right side with the WiFi connection icon.
- Right-click on the icon to show the Network and Sharing Center then click on it.
- On the new window, look for the Connections and click the WiFi network to launch the WiFi status.
- Now on WiFi status, click on the Wireless Properties.
- As the new window pops up, click on the Security tab to show information about your WiFi security status.
- You should be able to see the Network Security Key with asterisks. That is your password right there.
- Now below the Network Security key is the Show characters. Tick on it or check the box and the WiFi password will reveal before you. That is the exact password that you used and you apparently have forgotten.
- And that’s it. You can now see WiFi password on Windows 10 in this easy and simple step.
- Enjoy your online activities!
There are other ways to see WiFi password on Windows 10 or any other Windows versions. But those should require some advanced knowledge with computers. And if you are not one of those types of people, this is your best bet to retrieve and see that WiFi password on Windows 10.
Note: You can always login to your wireless router at 192.168.1.1 – http://192.168.l.l router login.
As you can see that it is easy to see WiFi password on Windows. That means this method is accessible to other people as well. You can’t help it. This is basically a general knowledge that is available publicly. So be cautious when lending your laptop to other people especially those that you do not know very well. They could use this same method to gain access to your online information such as your bank account and credit card.
If you really have to lend your Windows device, make it a point to change the password as soon as possible after the session. This is just a simple security precaution to avoid online risks. It is not such a hassle if you know how much this preventive measure will cost you.
If you have other questions, just leave it in the comment section and we will try to get back to you as soon as we can. And if you know other people that need to learn this method, do share this with them. A little kind deed can go a long way. Plus, helping other people brings a good feeling about yourself. This is the same reason why we do this kind of articles.