Click Withoutabox if you want to submit an animated short to AniMazing Spotlight through the acclaimed international festival site, Withoutabox. You can still submit your entry directly to us, but there are two great reasons for going through Withoutabox, first of all, you can fill our one entry form that will allow you to enter many other festivals as well as ours, without having to fill out an application for each one, and secondly you can get a fee discount through Withoutabox.
The same rules and regulations still apply. They are all listed in Withoutabox, or you can refer to our October 1st post. There are a few changes since then, most importantly we have extended the First Quarter deadline to …
- Monday, January 26th, 2009
… to accommodate this new relationship with Withoutabox.
Also, we have expanded our Panel of Animation Experts … and remember, every single entry, whether the film wins a prize or not, gets a critique from at least three panel members, possibly more. Every participant can find out what some of these experts think about their labor of love, and we are one of the few festivals that except works-in-progress, which can benefit, perhaps even more, from critiques by some of these experts, now expanded from our original 9 to 20 …
- Nancy Beiman, Animation Prof, Sheridan College, Oakville, Ontario, Canada
- Tee Bosustow, Host of Toon in … Animation, Woodland Hills, California, USA
- Carolina López Caballero, Animator/Documentarian, Barcelona, Spain
- Sharon Colman, Oscar Nominee/ Storyboard Artist, Loch Lomond, Scotland
- Gene Deitch, Legendary Animation Director, Prague, Czech Republic
- Paul Dopff, Animator/Children’s Workshop, Verneuil-sur-Indre, France
- Amal El Kalifa, African Animation Festival Programer, Meknéz, Morocco
- Sayoko Kinoshita, Hiroshima International Festival Director, Tokyo, Japan
- Marcos Magalhães, Filmmaker, Professor, Festival Dir., Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Bill Matthews, Disney Features, Head of Training, Glendale, California, USA
- Dan McLauglin, Professor of Animation, UCLA, Westwood, California, USA
- Tsvika Oren, Animation Director/Journalist/Professor, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Monique Renault, Acclaimed Woman’s Animator, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Chris Robinson, International Animation Festival Director, Ottawa, Canada
- Raffaella Scrimitore, Animation Festival Curator, University of Milano, Italy
- Marie Stroud, Programming Assessor for SBS-Television, London, England
- Hrvoje Turkovic, Animation Scholar/Film Theory Professor, Zagreb, Croatia
- Malcolm Turner, London Animation Festival Co-Director, Melbourne, Australia
- Paul Wells, Historian/Screenwriter/Educator, Loughborough, England
- Sharon Wu, Animation Festival Curator, Los Angeles/Taipei
If you decide to submit directly to us, we now except only money orders, international money orders, or payment through Pay Pal, which is now working again. But, if you’d rather pay by Credit Card, that’s a third good reason to go to Withoutabox. If you’d like to contact us, our Contact buttons are still a little flaky, so you may want to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with “AniMazing” in the Subject line. Or, you can write to us at …
- Artist in Me,
- 6311 Van Nuys Blvd., #406,
- Van Nuys, California, USA 91401.
Also, we are going to start staffing up soon, beginning with part-time jobs. If you’re interested in submitting an application, send it to email@example.com, with “AniMazing” in the Subject line, or snail-mail it to the address above.
Finally, we’d like to encourage you to visit our site regularly for updates to the AniMazing panel, announcements of Quarterly winners, and Speciality Awards, and, of course, more interviews for Toon In to the World of Animation, at last. WE now have over 160 interviews, with only 46 up on the site, so we have a bit of work ahead of us. Although, once AniMazing Spotlight gets rolling we will dedicate a separate site for that, and get back to the original mission of this animation interview site … so, stay tooned, it’s animazing.